Message





I can’t claim what I am writing here is perfect & ultimate. This is something from what I heard, seen, felt, thought & understood in my life. Only I can say that the resemblance of any character or incident is co-incidental. My writings are based on the fiction of my mind and not related to anyone.

I can’t claim what I am writing here is perfect and ultimate. This is something from what I heard, seen, felt, thought and understood in my life. Only I can say that the resemblance of any character or incident is co-incidental. My writings are based on the fiction of my mind and not related to anyone.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Silence please....



Sister Maria has come ? Where is she ?

Yes Doctor…..You can guess where she will be……..

Hmmm…..Today is her retirement day. When the sent off party will start?

It is scheduled at  6 PM ,doctor. Nurses Association and Management are together conducting the ceremony.

It will be a grant party then. But it is difficult for her to leave after years of service in this hospital. She will be more worried for Asha….

Ha….She is spending most of her time with Asha now days. She lost her last hope when the Court rejected Hospital Management’s Plea last week for Active Euthanasia.

Their medical panel found that she still has strength in her body even after spending 16 years in coma. But Court allowed Passive Euthanasia on its conditions. It is true that her kidney and liver got damaged due to long medication. Because of the uncertainty, this Passive Euthanasia will be more horrible as it give a slow painful death to the patient. As one of the senior staff, you might be aware of her actual case history.


Yes Sir, she came here at the age of 20 or 21 after getting gang raped by some hooligans while she was returning home from her job. She was brutally raped and crushed her head with stone. She didn’t die but since then she got into this vegetative state forever.

The culprits got punished?

Huh….they were caught by the police. But they registered a case only for robbery and attempt to murder. For that they got minimum punishment and they may have got freed till now.

Damn it….why they did so ? Why they concealed the rape?

They may have concealed the rape, because to save her from the social rejection and for her good future. You know the attitude of society towards these kind of victims- doctor. There are many to do hue and cries for the rights of woman and feminism. But in reality, most of their own attitude will be different.

Now Sister Maria is looking after Asha. I think she spent a fortune for her dialysis and other expenses. Why so? Where is her own family? There are lot of NGOs to help her. Also hospital management can do something for her right?

All said and done doctor. She belongs to a poor family. She was working and was looking after them. In the beginning, the Hospital Management took care of her. When they gave up, some doctors association came to rescue her. In recent years, many NGOs came and gone. Most of them left after getting publicity to attract more foreign funds. She was surviving all these years with those commas, which others put time to time to extend her life in coma. Then at last it was Sister Maria who took the responsibility and  she is taking care of her like her own daughter with the help of other staffs. Now she too…….

Yes sister. It’s a matter of concern now. I am sure that the Hospital Management will not take her responsibility again as they were arguing that there is no single hope left to bring her back to normal life. Also it is getting expensive day by day due to dialysis and other lifesaving drugs. They do not want to spend more money over this issue. That may be the reason they approached for Euthanasia now.

But in certain cases, the Court should pass the order for the Active Mercy killing under the supervision of qualified medical panel.

It is not easy Sister as it has chance to get misused in many ways. Also issue an order to kill a helpless person is neither easy for the court nor for the medicos to execute such an order madam.

But it is better than a horrible slow death Sir. Even court adopts the way of sudden death to punish dreaded criminals. I do agree that it is not easy, but there are other issues Doctor. In last 16 years there were four attempts of molestation on her on this vegetative state. Three of them were by the staff only.

What are you saying Sister?!!!!

Yes. Even frustrated souls of this world don’t leave the dead bodiesin its grave. Women are safe nowhere in this world, even in their graveyard. You may have heard  that her ear and part of her feet were eaten by rat last year.

It is really disturbing for me. Now what we can do for her?

I really don’t know Sir.  Today own children are not getting time to look after their parents. Sister Maria spent almost her earning for the higher studies and future of her children. Now all are in good position and settled abroad with their family. She still not have house of her own. She will have to spend her rest of life in Old Age homes. I think the Hospital Management soon will have grounds for Asha’s slow death.

I wish to leave this Hospital now. I think I can’t be a witness such situation-sister.

If you can, please save me too from here…Doctor.

Hmmmm……let me see where Sister Maria is. I want to spend some time with her.

                                                                    *********

Today is my Retirement day my Angel…….Can you hear me..Asha ? .

Let mamma clean your body now. The bed soar is painful no? ..don’t worry mamma will put powder and it will get dried
.
Let mamma help you to turn aside. Mamma will nurse your wounds and will apply lotion on it….it is cool…..see in the back it is getting worse. Why this much stiff today? Don’t worry….there will not be more pain.

Now I will apply cajole to these enticing  eyes….hmm…darkness below the eyes are getting increased. I told you do not think useless things and sleep in time. Today mamma will clean this hair and will comb it ok. See it is still soft as silk. Hey…I forgot it, see the dress mamma brought for you today…he he. ...see the  pink  flowers in it….beautiful…Isnt..it !!!.let mamma dress you up like a princess.

Let me clean this tubes….paining…no…then why tears in eyes…..why so ? Are you worried that mamma is leaving today and you will be alone. No no…how can I do that? You know mama appealed them to continue my service….but they didn’t agree……they say mamma is too old and sick now…..they are right no?…hehe
Hmmm…nails are grown up….let me cut and trim it. Heiiiiiiii….look here mamma brought a dark red nail polish for you….haha.

I know my kid….you are so worried.  Don’t be…you know that mamma do not have anyone else than you in this world my doll. How can I leave you alone here? Mamma shared almost everything with you. You knew that my children are calling me over there….as they know that I will never go away from here……they are my children no….who can understand them better than me ? Like you mamma too have no place to go darling…soon I have to vacate my quarter too. So what is the next option ? Tell me..tell me…yesssssss……..the Old age home. But see your mamma is not worried a bit..look..look..mamma is smiling…hehe.

See my doll is looking like an angel today. Wait wait…mamma will bring a mirror to show you.
Look….how beautifull you are now. This chain u know, mamma got as first gift from your papa. I was too shy to wear this as this have a heart as pendant. You know he was in love with me till his last breath………………he was laying in this lap like this you know…..and said…Mary I am going to miss you. I cried loudly…..then he took my hand and left….. you know..he…was so….young…and…and..his eyes were with full of dreams. Huh….a wonderful man ever seen in my life.

Hey….mamma is crying know…no…wont cry…..never. Mamma wont make you cry. You are my Angel.Years back God has given you to me…, since then I never left you. Mamma promise you….i won’t let you be alone…trust me.

You need lipstick? You like it? No….its natural colour is better. You know it is just like cherries…hehe….
Mamma want to decorate this room today…..but they won’t allow me. All of them are thinking that I have gone  mad…You know I am not permitted to do all these things for you…it is against my job ethics..but on this special day, how can I leave my kid like this…..what do they know about our attachment…leave it…..Mamma can hear you from your silence. Whatever you think, mamma will understand it….yeah…..
Why looking sad? Getting afraid? No…No need. Mamma is here with you.

See your fingers….the red nail polish is matching with this tender fingers…like shine, you have an artistic hand my doll. You know I used to dress up Shine like this in her childhood…she liked it a lot…then she used to go and sit in front of that big mirror for a long time. But John was tough….will never sit quiet….and mischievous too…..now they are busy with their own life….and mamma is happy in their happiness.

Thinking about your family? It is natural my kid. You know now days people are more practical than emotional. They don’t want to waste their time on useless things like us. They are fair enough to control their emotions to lead this life. It is not their mistake. Today’s world demands it from them. You know…my children are merely voice personalities for me now.  I am satisfied with their sound, which I could hear through telephone once in a while. Who have time for others in midst of their own worries? We too have to understand this. So why to worry? Let us accept and adjust with what we got in our life. That is the secret of peace.

They may be waiting for me to give a grant farewell. I love them darling. Till today I had them to share my feelings. They were my support in every difficulty. Till today….I had something to do. Till today….I had some motivation in life…..I had a place to come to do something….but what about tomorrow ?......................

In one way you are lucky my dear. The world has changed a lot in these 16 years. It is not at all comfortable for the people like me and you. We cannot adjust with many things and attitudes over there. This cocoon saved you from all these things. Now a days people are so fast and competitive. There are crowd everywhere….they have always something to talk with someone….all are busy over there…..many a times I myself dreamed to go back to my mother’s womb again to get serenity….
.
No child…mamma will not leave you alone among them…too much pain? ….Wait…..coming.

Asha…. Let me rub your arm with spirit. Mamma won’t hurt you….let me inject this…..did you feel anything? ……see….its injected…..it is over…..now there will not be pain anymore.

Now close these eyes. Pray God when you fall asleep. My Jesus Christ will be there to welcome you in his world of love and happiness. He will sing lullaby for you like mamma did for you…..he will take you in to his arms and will take care of you. Sleep well my child…the fear and uncertainty is over……ohh..my God…you are smiling….you are smiling my Kid………Mamma loves you a lot ….. more than anything in this world…..let me kiss you on your forehead….May God bless you…Sweet dreams…………

Hi…Mamma Maria is here with her daughter. Ohh you did all these things to her?

She is sleeping doctor….See how cute she is in her sleep….see the smile on her face.

Oh ya...I think she is habitual to sleep in your lap. All are waiting there for you at Community Hall Sister.

Well….police has come doctor?

Police? For what !!!!!

Now Asha will never wake up from her sleep doctor. I have put a full stop to her coma……and liberated my kid from this world of sorrow and pain forever doctor.

Sister !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ishhhhhh….Silence please…. S-h-e i-s   s-l-e-e-p-i-n-g   n-o?


I DEDICATE THIS STORY TO YOU ALCINA :)

Created 1st April 2011
Author: P-kay
Editor: Sk

8 comments:

  1. Awww...It's just beyond words..I am speechless..you have so damn nicely portrayed the pain in this post.I just loved the way you showed the conversation of sister mary and asha.Truly beautiful piece.I am annoyed because you are late with your post(not little but very very very much)...But never mind your work always leaves me in awe and surprise and this time also it did the same.

    Keep writing and i am waiting for your workload to finish...take care
    KSAK !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really Sorry. :(....I really agree with you Alcina :) Hope will get freed soon. Hence I found the subject "Love & Pain" is reflecting more in your creations. So you can understand it well. Thus...I DEDICATE THIS STORY TO YOU ALCINA :) Tnx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww....Honored tons..No one has done anything like this before for me so bit shocked..surprised..dreaming..happy :)

    Thank you!
    KSAK

    ReplyDelete
  4. :)
    freedom always had a price and its increasing with each day it seems..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Again a wonderful story ..
    You are an empathetic writer.I'm impressed!
    Keep writing :)
    Wishing you luck for your given topic...
    Hope to see you back (regular here) soon.
    TC & KS

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you have done a great job. It's excellent written skills. Each and every day i get it valuable information through this blog.website hosting

    web hosting

    ReplyDelete